One of my favourite trips of the year is almost here!





Sponsored by Formland, all words are my own.

Eeek! I've just booked my train to Herning, Denmark and my hotel for 16th-18th August, which means one thing... it's almost time for Formland!

I've been making this biannual trip to the Nordic interior and lifestyle tradeshow for many years now, and honestly, I never tire of it. Every season I come home with a notebook full of ideas, a camera packed with inspiration and (usually!) rather sore feet.

People often ask me what makes Formland so special. Of course, it's a chance to see what's new in the world of Scandinavian interiors, but for me it's really about the people. It's where I catch up with old friends from across the industry, finally meet people I've only ever emailed, and spend three wonderful days completely immersed in beautiful design.

If you're thinking of visiting this year, I thought I'd share a few of the things I'm looking forward to most.

1. Discovering beautiful brands

One of my favourite things to do is simply wander through the halls and see what catches my eye. Alongside many well-known Nordic brands, there are always exciting independent makers and smaller studios I'd never have discovered otherwise-not to mention a sprinkling of international exhibitors too. 


These are often the brands that end up appearing on My Scandinavian Home months later, so I can't wait to see what treasures I uncover this time. See all the exhibitors here.

2. Popping into the talks

I always try to make time for a few of the talks throughout the fair. This season there are sessions exploring everything from retail and consumer trends to AI, alongside daily trend talks, debates, workshops and plenty of creative inspiration. As always, I know I'll leave with pages of notes!

3. Visiting the Trend Zone


Another stop on my list is this season's Trend Zone, 'Analog ...a store', created by Studie Flyhelsted.

From what I've read, it sounds wonderfully immersive. Visitors are invited to step into a series of spaces where soft meets hard, smooth meets rough, and the different settings flow together to tell a story around sleep, wellbeing, food and beauty. It's designed to awaken the senses, to encourage you to pause, notice the details and experience design more intuitively.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those spaces where I'll linger a little longer.

4. Catching up with wonderful people



This is probably my favourite part of all.

Working from home can sometimes feel surprisingly solitary, so I really treasure these few days of conversations with designers, stylists, PR teams, buyers, shop and brand owners and fellow writers. Every chat sparks a new idea, introduces me to someone interesting or sends me off in a completely unexpected direction.

I always come home feeling inspired-not just by what I've seen, but by the people I've met.

Why not join me?

If you've been considering a visit, it's worth knowing that international visitors receive free entry, and there's also a free express bus from Copenhagen to Herning, making it really easy if you're flying in.

And if you can't make it this time, don't worry! I'll be sharing plenty of discoveries, beautiful stands, favourite brands and behind-the-scenes moments over on Instagram throughout the fair, so do follow along if you're curious. Hopefully it'll feel like you're wandering the halls with me!

On a completely seperate note, tomorrow will by my final post on the blog before I head off for a two week summer holiday, I hope you'll stop by! 

Niki

Photo credits & exhbitors: 1 & 5 Creative Souls (J7512), 2. Bröste Copenhagen (J2795) 3. Jakobsdals (M9646), 4. Casa MagsNew Mags (J7122), 6. Rosendahl Design Group (M9445)


source https://www.myscandinavianhome.com/2026/07/one-of-my-favourite-trips-of-year-is.html

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Where Life Happens Gently: Inside a Tranquil Swedish Family Home

Escape to a Cosy Swedish Summer Cottage in the Heart of the Countryside

A Serene Swedish Home Filled with Warm Textures and Simple Pleasures